by Charles Toy
This is for my son. He’s 17. That’s the age boys think it’s cool to be “tough” and fight.
1. No matter how tough you are there’s always someone else who can kick your ass.
2. If you develop a reputation for being a tough guy, dudes will start lining up to see if they can kick your ass.
3. If you beat someone up they’ll eventually have one of their friends or relatives come around to kick your ass.
4. Someone can pull out a knife or gun at any time and permanently kick your ass.
5. Even if someone hits you first, if you hit them back just right and it kills or permanently injures them, you’re probably going to prison. There are lots of people there who can kick your ass.
6. Hitting people these days can easily result in a felony. Having a felony makes it much harder to get a job. Working some crappy job for low wages will really kick your ass.
7. Eventually you’ll get old and almost everyone will be able to kick your ass.
8. You want to follow Jesus right? He may have gotten really pissed once and thrown a few tables around, but he never kicked anyone’s ass.
It’s always best to run away and avoid a physical fight unless you have absolutely no choice because your life, or the life of a loved one is truly in danger.
Kick ass with your mind, not your fists.
Be lover of God and your neighbors no matter who they are.
That’s what really kicks ass.
Fighting is really, really stupid. People who think it's cool to fight are either young and don't know better or they're kinda dumb.
Violence always begets more violence one way or another. It never ends. It's best just to not go there.
After a certain age people who go around acting tough are generally viewed as losers and they're avoided by most people.
If you fight enough eventually someone is going to kick your ass. People don't fight fair these days and they may permanently injure you of kill you. It's not worth it, at all.
About TCL Blog
We’re not about Dogma here. We’re just Christians who think the political and Christian right-wing have their priorities wrong.
Charles Toy is the founding member of The Christian Left. We're sure you will enjoy his passion as well as his wit. Guest bloggers featured often.